Borderline and Coronavirus – Spring 2021
Covid 19 continues to pose a particular risk to the homeless who often have long term health issues which puts them at greater risk. The lack of accommodation also makes self-isolation near impossible and the winter weather has increased pressures.
What we are doing
We continue to adapt to the changing Covid 19 safety measures and the varied needs of our clients to provide the highest level of support possible. The safety of our clients and staff is our priority. Both the City Road office and Scottish Outreach Worker staff are continuing to work remotely, with working hours as normal.
Our Outreach workers are working a variety of ways to deliver service to clients:
– Closely monitor and give one to one support to clients.
– Working closely with partner agencies in the field, in particular with the Connection at St. Martin’s and the St Mungo’s Compass team.
– Delivering financial grants for clients to access food, clothing and essentials.
– Helping individuals to access critical physical and mental health services.
– Supporting clients to access their benefits, helping with computer literacy.
– Arranging for clients to be tested for Covid-19 and then tracking their health and suitable accommodation subsequently.
It’s an extremely challenging time for everyone and we hope that you and your friends and family are keeping safe and well in these difficult months.
How you can help – the Saltire Donor Club
COVID-19 has significantly impacted our regular fundraising activities. At Borderline, we receive no statutory funding and rely on your generous support. Our support services are still providing ongoing support to our clients for as long as required. We need your help to continue doing so.
You can support homeless Scots by joining our regular donors club, the Saltire Donor Club and your donation can provide a platform to help break the cycle of homelessness for a fellow Scot in need. Any support you can give now will be especially beneficial.
For the latest message from us, please check updates on our website and our social media channels.
Thank you for your support and we wish you well,
– Chief Executive